We are excited to meet with you! There are some steps you can take BEFORE the event that will help ensure we are able to meet your needs while you’re with us.
Civil Rights Restoration
To be eligible for rights restoration at this event you must:
- Have a felony conviction in Arizona Superior Court (any county) or Arizona Federal Court
- We cannot provide assistance for any Tribal convictions or those from other States
- Completed all sentencing and probationary periods a minimum of two years ago
- Have your Certificate of Absolute Discharge
- We will not be able to pursue rights restoration for individuals who do not have their certificate at the time of the event
- Click here to apply for your Certificate of Absolute Discharge. Please note, it may take up to one month to receive your certificate.
This event will only be able to provide warrant resolution for misdemeanors. If you are seeking resolution for a felony warrant, please attend a FREE clinic. For more information, visit http://www.pima.gov/knowyourrights.
Juvenile Record and Marijuana Expungement
Did you know that juvenile records are not automatically erased on your 18th birthday? Or that since Arizona has legalized the use of marijuana, you can have these charges expunged from your record? These services will be available at the Fresh Start Expo.
You will be able to apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), and more at this event. Please see the Time Saving Checklist provided by the Department of Economic Services for items you should bring with you to the event.
Section 8 Housing
The City of Tucson Department of Housing will be present at the event and able to assist with emergency housing. Click here for a list of items you can bring to the event to help expedite your eligibility.
Pima County One Stop will be hosting a virtual job fair during this event. If you would like to participate, please come dressed to impress and ready to meet with potential employers. Check out these useful resources:
Job Seeker’s Pre-Search Checklist
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RESUMES:
- Pima County Rio Nuevo One-Stop is offering FREE resume workshops and drop in help.
- 340 N. Commerce Park Loop, Tortolita Building, Tucson, AZ 85745
- Call to schedule 520-724-7650
- Monday, 10/17 through Friday, 10/21
- Resume writing workshops 8:30-11:30 AM
- Drop-in resume help 1:00-3:00 PM
You can also contact the following agencies about upcoming job readiness workshops.